Stephen Coats-president of a content provider for Bible stories in various languages. St. Louis Rams fan!
2. How and why did you become involved with mobile ministry?
As a content provider of video and audio stories, it was an obvious need for us to think mobile-ly!
3. What excites you about mobile ministry?
God's stories in accessible form!
4. What aspects of your background/training, books, websites, tools, etc. have been most helpful to you as you’ve moved forward in mobile ministry?
Working with Grooters Productions
5. What are some of the biggest obstacles to implementing effective mobile ministry? For you/your ministry? For the Christian world in general?
Money. Bandwidth. Poor quality production values. Resources to design and maintain a top notch mobile site.
6. What is one recommendation you could make that would help an individual or ministry be better able to move forward in mobile ministry?
Keep thing short and punchy!
7. What is one hard earned lesson in ministry you would want to pass on to others here?
Good quality content will always get out and find a way to your audience! Poor quality will kill it dead!
8. What part of mobile ministry does the Church need to bring more effort and focus to?
The media arts and the music and poetry of the scriptures.
9. What aspect of mobile is overrated in your mind? Why?
That you can reach anyone! It is not that simple, though much of the world has cell phones they don't all have the bandwidth or data plan to access the video and audio we put out.
10. Is there anyone else you’d like to see interviewed regarding mobile ministry?